959 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 959:
7 × 137
7 × 137
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 959 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 959
- Cardinal: 959 can be written as Nine hundred fifty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 9.59 × 102
Factors of 959
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 144
Divisors of 959
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1104
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 145
- 959 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (145) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 814
Bases of 959
- Binary: 11101111112
- Hexadecimal: 0x3BF
- Base-36: QN
Squares and roots of 959
- 959 squared (9592) is 919681
- 959 cubed (9593) is 881974079
square rootof 959 is 30.9677251345
cube rootof 959 is 9.8614218127
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 959?
- 959 seconds is equal to 15 minutes, 59 seconds.
To count from 1 to 959 would take you about seven minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 959 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 959
959 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 959's digits is 23
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 959 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 8 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 959 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 8 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/959/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 959 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/959/
The information we have on file for 959 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!