1228 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 1228:
22 × 307
(2 × 2 × 307)
22 × 307(2 × 2 × 307)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1228 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1228
- Cardinal: 1228 can be written as One thousand, two hundred twenty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.228 × 103
Factors of 1228
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 309
Divisors of 1228
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2156
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 928
- 1228 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (928) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 300
Bases of 1228
- Binary: 100110011002
- Hexadecimal: 0x4CC
- Base-36: Y4
Squares and roots of 1228
- 1228 squared (12282) is 1507984
- 1228 cubed (12283) is 1851804352
square rootof 1228 is 35.0428309359
cube rootof 1228 is 10.7086022767
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1228?
- 1,228 seconds is equal to 20 minutes, 28 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,228 would take you about twenty minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1228 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1228
- 1228 backwards is 8221
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1228's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1228 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1228 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1228/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1228 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1228/
The information we have on file for 1228 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!