121 is an odd composite number. It has a total of three divisors.
Prime factorization of 121:
(11 × 11)
112(11 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 121 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 121
- Cardinal: 121 can be written as One hundred twenty-one.
- Scientific notation: 1.21 × 102
Factors of 121
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 11
Divisors of 121
- Number of divisors d(n): 3
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 133
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 12
- 121 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (12) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 109
Bases of 121
- Binary: 1111001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x79
- Base-36: 3D
Squares and roots of 121
- 121 squared (1212) is 14641
- 121 cubed (1213) is 1771561
121 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 11
cube rootof 121 is 4.9460874433
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 121?
- 121 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 1 second.
To count from 1 to 121 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 121 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 121
121 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 121's digits is 4
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 121 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!