157 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 157:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 157 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 157
- Cardinal: 157 can be written as One hundred fifty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 1.57 × 102
Factors of 157
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 157
Divisors of 157
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 158
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 157 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 156
Bases of 157
- Binary: 10011101 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x9d
Squares and roots of 157
- 157 squared (1572) is 24649
- 157 cubed (1573) is 3869893
square rootof 157 is 12.5299640861
cube rootof 157 is 5.3946907121
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 157?
- 157 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 37 seconds.
To count from 1 to 157 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 157 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 157
- 157 backwards is 751
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 157's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 157 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!