1979 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 1979:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1979 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1979
- Cardinal: 1979 can be written as One thousand, nine hundred seventy-nine.
- Scientific notation: 1.979 × 103
Factors of 1979
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 1979
Divisors of 1979
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1980
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 1979 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1978
Bases of 1979
- Binary: 111101110112
- Hexadecimal: 0x7BB
- Base-36: 1IZ
Squares and roots of 1979
- 1979 squared (19792) is 3916441
- 1979 cubed (19793) is 7750636739
square rootof 1979 is 44.4859528393
cube rootof 1979 is 12.5549580153
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1979?
- 1,979 seconds is equal to 32 minutes, 59 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,979 would take you about thirty-two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1979 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1979
- 1979 backwards is 9791
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1979's digits is 26
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1979 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 September 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1979 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 September 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1979/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1979 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1979/
The information we have on file for 1979 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!