2015 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 2015:
5 × 13 × 31
5 × 13 × 31
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 2015 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 2015
- Cardinal: 2015 can be written as Two thousand and fifteen.
- Scientific notation: 2.015 × 103
Factors of 2015
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 49
Divisors of 2015
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2688
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 673
- 2015 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (673) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1342
Bases of 2015
- Binary: 111110111112
- Hexadecimal: 0x7DF
- Base-36: 1JZ
Squares and roots of 2015
- 2015 squared (20152) is 4060225
- 2015 cubed (20153) is 8181353375
square rootof 2015 is 44.8887513749
cube rootof 2015 is 12.6306301067
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 2015?
- 2,015 seconds is equal to 33 minutes, 35 seconds.
To count from 1 to 2,015 would take you about thirty-three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 2015 cubic inches would be around 1.1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 2015
- 2015 backwards is 5102
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 2015's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 2015 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 2015 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/2015/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 2015 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/2015/
The information we have on file for 2015 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!