49 is an odd composite number. It has a total of three divisors.
Prime factorization of 49:
(7 × 7)
72(7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 49 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 49
- Cardinal: 49 can be written as Forty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 4.9 × 101
Factors of 49
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 49
- Number of divisors d(n): 3
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 57
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 8
- 49 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (8) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 41
Bases of 49
- Binary: 110001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x31
Squares and roots of 49
- 49 squared (492) is 2401
- 49 cubed (493) is 117649
49 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 7
cube rootof 49 is 3.6593057101
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 49?
To count from 1 to 49 would take you about twenty-four seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 49 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 49
- 49 backwards is 94
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 49's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 49 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!