57 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 57:
3 × 19
3 × 19
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 57 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 57
- Cardinal: 57 can be written as Fifty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 5.7 × 101
Factors of 57
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 22
Divisors of 57
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 80
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 23
- 57 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (23) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 34
Bases of 57
- Binary: 111001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x39
- Base-36: 1L
Squares and roots of 57
- 57 squared (572) is 3249
- 57 cubed (573) is 185193
square rootof 57 is 7.5498344353
cube rootof 57 is 3.8485011313
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 57?
To count from 1 to 57 would take you about twenty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 57 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 57
- 57 backwards is 75
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 57's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 57 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!