80 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of ten divisors.
Prime factorization of 80:
24 × 5
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5)
24 × 5(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 80 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 80
- Cardinal: 80 can be written as Eighty.
- Scientific notation: 8 × 101
Factors of 80
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 80
- Number of divisors d(n): 10
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 186
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 106
- 80 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (106) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 26
Bases of 80
- Binary: 1010000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x50
- Base-36: 28
Squares and roots of 80
- 80 squared (802) is 6400
- 80 cubed (803) is 512000
square rootof 80 is 8.9442719100
cube rootof 80 is 4.3088693801
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 80?
- 80 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 20 seconds.
To count from 1 to 80 would take you about forty seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 80 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 80
- 80 backwards is 08
- 80 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 80's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 80 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!