83 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 83:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 83 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 83
- Cardinal: 83 can be written as Eighty-three.
- Scientific notation: 8.3 × 101
Factors of 83
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 83
Divisors of 83
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 84
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 83 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 82
Bases of 83
- Binary: 1010011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x53
Squares and roots of 83
- 83 squared (832) is 6889
- 83 cubed (833) is 571787
square rootof 83 is 9.1104335791
cube rootof 83 is 4.3620706715
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 83?
- 83 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 23 seconds.
To count from 1 to 83 would take you about forty-one seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 83 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 83
- 83 backwards is 38
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 83's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 83 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!