82 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 82:
2 × 41
2 × 41
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 82 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 82
- Cardinal: 82 can be written as Eighty-two.
- Scientific notation: 8.2 × 101
Factors of 82
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 43
Divisors of 82
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 126
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 44
- 82 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (44) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 38
Bases of 82
- Binary: 1010010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x52
- Base-36: 2A
Squares and roots of 82
- 82 squared (822) is 6724
- 82 cubed (823) is 551368
square rootof 82 is 9.0553851381
cube rootof 82 is 4.3444814857
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 82?
- 82 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 22 seconds.
To count from 1 to 82 would take you about forty-one seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 82 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 82
- 82 backwards is 28
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 82's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 82 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!