38 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 38:
2 × 19
2 × 19
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 38 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 38
- Cardinal: 38 can be written as Thirty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 3.8 × 101
Factors of 38
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 21
Divisors of 38
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 60
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 22
- 38 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (22) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 16
Bases of 38
- Binary: 100110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x26
Squares and roots of 38
- 38 squared (382) is 1444
- 38 cubed (383) is 54872
square rootof 38 is 6.1644140029
cube rootof 38 is 3.3619754068
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 38?
To count from 1 to 38 would take you about nineteen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 38 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 38
- 38 backwards is 83
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 38's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 38 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!