22 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 22:
2 × 11
2 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 22 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 22
- Cardinal: 22 can be written as Twenty-two.
- Scientific notation: 2.2 × 101
Factors of 22
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 13
Divisors of 22
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 36
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 14
- 22 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (14) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 8
Bases of 22
- Binary: 10110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x16
- Base-36: M
Squares and roots of 22
- 22 squared (222) is 484
- 22 cubed (223) is 10648
square rootof 22 is 4.6904157599
cube rootof 22 is 2.8020393307
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 22?
To count from 1 to 22 would take you about eleven seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 22 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 22
22 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 22's digits is 4
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 22 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!