23 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 23:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 23 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 23
- Cardinal: 23 can be written as Twenty-three.
- Scientific notation: 2.3 × 101
Factors of 23
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 23
Divisors of 23
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 24
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 23 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 22
Bases of 23
- Binary: 10111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x17
Squares and roots of 23
- 23 squared (232) is 529
- 23 cubed (233) is 12167
square rootof 23 is 4.7958315233
cube rootof 23 is 2.8438669799
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 23?
To count from 1 to 23 would take you about eleven seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 23 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 23
- 23 backwards is 32
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 23's digits is 5
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 23 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!