23 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 23:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 23 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 23
- Cardinal: 23 can be written as Twenty-three.
- Scientific notation: 2.3 × 101
Factors of 23
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 23
Divisors of 23
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 24
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 23 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 22
Bases of 23
- Binary: 101112
- Hexadecimal: 0x17
- Base-36: N
Squares and roots of 23
- 23 squared (232) is 529
- 23 cubed (233) is 12167
square rootof 23 is 4.7958315233
cube rootof 23 is 2.8438669799
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 23?
- A cube with a volume of 23 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 23
- 23 backwards is 32
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 23's digits is 5
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 23 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 11 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 23 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 11 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/23/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 23 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/23/
The information we have on file for 23 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!