39 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 39:
3 × 13
3 × 13
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 39 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 39
- Cardinal: 39 can be written as Thirty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 3.9 × 101
Factors of 39
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 16
Divisors of 39
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 56
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 17
- 39 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (17) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 22
Bases of 39
- Binary: 100111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x27
- Base-36: 13
Squares and roots of 39
- 39 squared (392) is 1521
- 39 cubed (393) is 59319
square rootof 39 is 6.2449979984
cube rootof 39 is 3.3912114431
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 39?
To count from 1 to 39 would take you about nineteen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 39 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 39
- 39 backwards is 93
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 39's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 39 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!