56 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 56:
23 × 7
(2 × 2 × 2 × 7)
23 × 7(2 × 2 × 2 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 56 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 56
- Cardinal: 56 can be written as Fifty-six.
- Scientific notation: 5.6 × 101
Factors of 56
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 9
Divisors of 56
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 120
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 64
- 56 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (64) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 8
Bases of 56
- Binary: 111000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x38
Squares and roots of 56
- 56 squared (562) is 3136
- 56 cubed (563) is 175616
square rootof 56 is 7.4833147735
cube rootof 56 is 3.8258623655
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 56?
To count from 1 to 56 would take you about twenty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 56 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 56
- 56 backwards is 65
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 56's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 56 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!