55 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 55:
5 × 11
5 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 55 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 55
- Cardinal: 55 can be written as Fifty-five.
- Scientific notation: 5.5 × 101
Factors of 55
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 16
Divisors of 55
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 72
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 17
- 55 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (17) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 38
Bases of 55
- Binary: 110111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x37
- Base-36: 1J
Squares and roots of 55
- 55 squared (552) is 3025
- 55 cubed (553) is 166375
square rootof 55 is 7.4161984871
cube rootof 55 is 3.8029524607
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 55?
To count from 1 to 55 would take you about twenty-seven seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 55 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 55
55 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 55's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 55 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!