55 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 55:
5 × 11
5 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 55 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 55
- Cardinal: 55 can be written as Fifty-five.
- Scientific notation: 5.5 × 101
Factors of 55
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 16
Divisors of 55
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 72
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 17
- 55 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (17) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 38
Bases of 55
- Binary: 1101112
- Hexadecimal: 0x37
- Base-36: 1J
Squares and roots of 55
- 55 squared (552) is 3025
- 55 cubed (553) is 166375
square rootof 55 is 7.4161984871
cube rootof 55 is 3.8029524607
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 55?
- A cube with a volume of 55 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 55
55 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 55's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 55 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 22 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 55 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 22 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/55/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 55 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/55/
The information we have on file for 55 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!