60 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 60:
22 × 3 × 5
(2 × 2 × 3 × 5)
22 × 3 × 5(2 × 2 × 3 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 60 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 60
- Cardinal: 60 can be written as Sixty.
- Scientific notation: 6 × 101
Factors of 60
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 60
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 168
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 108
- 60 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (108) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 48
Bases of 60
- Binary: 1111002
- Hexadecimal: 0x3C
- Base-36: 1O
Squares and roots of 60
- 60 squared (602) is 3600
- 60 cubed (603) is 216000
square rootof 60 is 7.7459666925
cube rootof 60 is 3.9148676411
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 60?
- 60 seconds is equal to .
To count from 1 to 60 would take you about thirty seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 60 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 60
- 60 backwards is 06
- 60 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 60's digits is 6
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 60 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 60 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/60/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 60 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/60/
The information we have on file for 60 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!