30 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 30:
2 × 3 × 5
2 × 3 × 5
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 30 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 30
- Cardinal: 30 can be written as Thirty.
- Scientific notation: 3 × 101
Factors of 30
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 30
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 72
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 42
- 30 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (42) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 30
- Binary: 11110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x1e
Squares and roots of 30
- 30 squared (302) is 900
- 30 cubed (303) is 27000
square rootof 30 is 5.4772255751
cube rootof 30 is 3.1072325059
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 30?
To count from 1 to 30 would take you about fifteen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 30 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 30
- 30 backwards is 03
- 30 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 30's digits is 3
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 30 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!