58 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 58:
2 × 29
2 × 29
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 58 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 58
- Cardinal: 58 can be written as Fifty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 5.8 × 101
Factors of 58
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 31
Divisors of 58
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 90
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 32
- 58 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (32) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 26
Bases of 58
- Binary: 111010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x3a
Squares and roots of 58
- 58 squared (582) is 3364
- 58 cubed (583) is 195112
square rootof 58 is 7.6157731059
cube rootof 58 is 3.8708766407
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 58?
To count from 1 to 58 would take you about twenty-nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 58 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 58
- 58 backwards is 85
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 58's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 58 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!