53 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 53:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 53 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 53
- Cardinal: 53 can be written as Fifty-three.
- Scientific notation: 5.3 × 101
Factors of 53
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 53
Divisors of 53
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 54
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 53 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 52
Bases of 53
- Binary: 110101 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x35
Squares and roots of 53
- 53 squared (532) is 2809
- 53 cubed (533) is 148877
square rootof 53 is 7.2801098893
cube rootof 53 is 3.7562857543
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 53?
To count from 1 to 53 would take you about twenty-six seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 53 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 53
- 53 backwards is 35
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 53's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 53 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!