35 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 35:
5 × 7
5 × 7
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 35 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 35
- Cardinal: 35 can be written as Thirty-five.
- Scientific notation: 3.5 × 101
Factors of 35
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 12
Divisors of 35
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 48
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 13
- 35 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (13) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 22
Bases of 35
- Binary: 100011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x23
Squares and roots of 35
- 35 squared (352) is 1225
- 35 cubed (353) is 42875
square rootof 35 is 5.9160797831
cube rootof 35 is 3.2710663103
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 35?
To count from 1 to 35 would take you about seventeen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 35 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 35
- 35 backwards is 53
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 35's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 35 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!