223 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 223:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 223 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 223
- Cardinal: 223 can be written as Two hundred twenty-three.
- Scientific notation: 2.23 × 102
Factors of 223
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 223
Divisors of 223
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 224
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 223 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 222
Bases of 223
- Binary: 11011111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xdf
Squares and roots of 223
- 223 squared (2232) is 49729
- 223 cubed (2233) is 11089567
square rootof 223 is 14.9331845229
cube rootof 223 is 6.0641269945
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 223?
- 223 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 43 seconds.
To count from 1 to 223 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 223 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 223
- 223 backwards is 322
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 223's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 223 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!