289 is an odd composite number. It has a total of three divisors.
Prime factorization of 289:
(17 × 17)
172(17 × 17)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 289 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 289
- Cardinal: 289 can be written as Two hundred eighty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 2.89 × 102
Factors of 289
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 17
Divisors of 289
- Number of divisors d(n): 3
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 307
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 18
- 289 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (18) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 271
Bases of 289
- Binary: 100100001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x121
Squares and roots of 289
- 289 squared (2892) is 83521
- 289 cubed (2893) is 24137569
289 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 17
cube rootof 289 is 6.6114890183
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 289?
- 289 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 49 seconds.
To count from 1 to 289 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 289 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 289
- 289 backwards is 982
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 289's digits is 19
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 289 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!