961 is an odd composite number. It has a total of three divisors.
Prime factorization of 961:
(31 × 31)
312(31 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 961 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 961
- Cardinal: 961 can be written as Nine hundred sixty-one.
- Scientific notation: 9.61 × 102
Factors of 961
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 31
Divisors of 961
- Number of divisors d(n): 3
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 993
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 32
- 961 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (32) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 929
Bases of 961
- Binary: 11110000012
- Hexadecimal: 0x3C1
- Base-36: QP
Squares and roots of 961
- 961 squared (9612) is 923521
- 961 cubed (9613) is 887503681
961 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 31
cube rootof 961 is 9.8682724031
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 961?
- 961 seconds is equal to 16 minutes, 1 second.
To count from 1 to 961 would take you about eight minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 961 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 961
- 961 backwards is 169
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 961's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 961 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 22 September 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 961 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 22 September 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/961/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 961 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/961/
The information we have on file for 961 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!