66 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 66:
2 × 3 × 11
2 × 3 × 11
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 66 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 66
- Cardinal: 66 can be written as Sixty-six.
- Scientific notation: 6.6 × 101
Factors of 66
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 16
Divisors of 66
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 144
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 78
- 66 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (78) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 66
- Binary: 1000010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x42
Squares and roots of 66
- 66 squared (662) is 4356
- 66 cubed (663) is 287496
square rootof 66 is 8.1240384047
cube rootof 66 is 4.0412400207
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 66?
- 66 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 66 would take you about thirty-three seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 66 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 66
66 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 66's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 66 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!