1024 is an even composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself nine times. It has a total of eleven divisors.
Prime factorization of 1024:
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2)
210(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1024 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1024
- Cardinal: 1024 can be written as One thousand and twenty-four.
- Scientific notation: 1.024 × 103
Factors of 1024
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 10
- Sum of prime factors: 2
Divisors of 1024
- Number of divisors d(n): 11
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2047
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1023
- 1024 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1023) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1
Bases of 1024
- Binary: 100000000002
- Hexadecimal: 0x400
- Base-36: SG
Squares and roots of 1024
- 1024 squared (10242) is 1048576
- 1024 cubed (10243) is 1073741824
1024 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 32
cube rootof 1024 is 10.0793683991
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1024?
- 1,024 seconds is equal to 17 minutes, 4 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,024 would take you about seventeen minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1024 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1024
- 1024 backwards is 4201
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1024's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1024 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1024 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1024/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1024 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1024/
The information we have on file for 1024 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!