162 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of ten divisors.
Prime factorization of 162:
2 × 34
(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
2 × 34(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 162 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 162
- Cardinal: 162 can be written as One hundred sixty-two.
- Scientific notation: 1.62 × 102
Factors of 162
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 162
- Number of divisors d(n): 10
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 363
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 201
- 162 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (201) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 39
Bases of 162
- Binary: 10100010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xA2
- Base-36: 4I
Squares and roots of 162
- 162 squared (1622) is 26244
- 162 cubed (1623) is 4251528
square rootof 162 is 12.7279220613
cube rootof 162 is 5.4513617785
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 162?
- 162 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 42 seconds.
To count from 1 to 162 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 162 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 162
- 162 backwards is 261
- 162 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 162's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 162 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!