1981 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 1981:
7 × 283
7 × 283
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1981 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1981
- Cardinal: 1981 can be written as One thousand, nine hundred eighty-one.
- Scientific notation: 1.981 × 103
Factors of 1981
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 290
Divisors of 1981
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2272
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 291
- 1981 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (291) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1690
Bases of 1981
- Binary: 111101111012
- Hexadecimal: 0x7BD
- Base-36: 1J1
Squares and roots of 1981
- 1981 squared (19812) is 3924361
- 1981 cubed (19813) is 7774159141
square rootof 1981 is 44.5084261685
cube rootof 1981 is 12.5591859859
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1981?
- 1,981 seconds is equal to 33 minutes, 1 second.
To count from 1 to 1,981 would take you about thirty-three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1981 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1981
- 1981 backwards is 1891
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1981's digits is 19
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1981 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 17 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1981 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 17 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1981/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1981 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1981/
The information we have on file for 1981 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!