255 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 255:
3 × 5 × 17
3 × 5 × 17
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 255 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 255
- Cardinal: 255 can be written as Two hundred fifty-five.
- Scientific notation: 2.55 × 102
Factors of 255
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 25
Divisors of 255
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 432
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 177
- 255 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (177) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 78
Bases of 255
- Binary: 111111112
- Hexadecimal: 0xFF
- Base-36: 73
Squares and roots of 255
- 255 squared (2552) is 65025
- 255 cubed (2553) is 16581375
square rootof 255 is 15.9687194227
cube rootof 255 is 6.3413257053
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 255?
- 255 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 15 seconds.
To count from 1 to 255 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 255 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 255
- 255 backwards is 552
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 255's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 255 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 7 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 255 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 7 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/255/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 255 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/255/
The information we have on file for 255 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!