25 is an odd composite number. It has a total of three divisors.
Prime factorization of 25:
(5 × 5)
52(5 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 25 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 25
- Cardinal: 25 can be written as Twenty-five.
- Scientific notation: 2.5 × 101
Factors of 25
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 25
- Number of divisors d(n): 3
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 31
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 6
- 25 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (6) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 19
Bases of 25
- Binary: 11001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x19
- Base-36: P
Squares and roots of 25
- 25 squared (252) is 625
- 25 cubed (253) is 15625
25 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 5
cube rootof 25 is 2.9240177383
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 25?
To count from 1 to 25 would take you about twelve seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 25 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 25
- 25 backwards is 52
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 25's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 25 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!