254 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 254:
2 × 127
2 × 127
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 254 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 254
- Cardinal: 254 can be written as Two hundred fifty-four.
- Scientific notation: 2.54 × 102
Factors of 254
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 129
Divisors of 254
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 384
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 130
- 254 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (130) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 124
Bases of 254
- Binary: 11111110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xFE
- Base-36: 72
Squares and roots of 254
- 254 squared (2542) is 64516
- 254 cubed (2543) is 16387064
square rootof 254 is 15.9373774505
cube rootof 254 is 6.3330255313
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 254?
- 254 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 14 seconds.
To count from 1 to 254 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 254 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 254
- 254 backwards is 452
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 254's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 254 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!