253 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 253:
11 × 23
11 × 23
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 253 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 253
- Cardinal: 253 can be written as Two hundred fifty-three.
- Scientific notation: 2.53 × 102
Factors of 253
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 34
Divisors of 253
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 288
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 35
- 253 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (35) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 218
Bases of 253
- Binary: 111111012
- Hexadecimal: 0xFD
- Base-36: 71
Squares and roots of 253
- 253 squared (2532) is 64009
- 253 cubed (2533) is 16194277
square rootof 253 is 15.9059737205
cube rootof 253 is 6.3247035435
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 253?
- 253 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 13 seconds.
To count from 1 to 253 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 253 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 253
- 253 backwards is 352
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 253's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 253 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 6 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 253 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 6 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/253/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 253 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/253/
The information we have on file for 253 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!