279 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 279:
32 × 31
(3 × 3 × 31)
32 × 31(3 × 3 × 31)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 279 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 279
- Cardinal: 279 can be written as Two hundred seventy-nine.
- Scientific notation: 2.79 × 102
Factors of 279
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 34
Divisors of 279
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 416
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 137
- 279 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (137) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 142
Bases of 279
- Binary: 1000101112
- Hexadecimal: 0x117
- Base-36: 7R
Squares and roots of 279
- 279 squared (2792) is 77841
- 279 cubed (2793) is 21717639
square rootof 279 is 16.7032930885
cube rootof 279 is 6.5343350773
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 279?
- 279 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 39 seconds.
To count from 1 to 279 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 279 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 279
- 279 backwards is 972
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 279's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 279 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 24 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 279 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 24 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/279/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 279 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/279/
The information we have on file for 279 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!