298 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 298:
2 × 149
2 × 149
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 298 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 298
- Cardinal: 298 can be written as Two hundred ninety-eight.
- Scientific notation: 2.98 × 102
Factors of 298
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 151
Divisors of 298
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 450
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 152
- 298 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (152) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 146
Bases of 298
- Binary: 100101010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x12a
Squares and roots of 298
- 298 squared (2982) is 88804
- 298 cubed (2983) is 26463592
square rootof 298 is 17.2626765017
cube rootof 298 is 6.6794200317
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 298?
- 298 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 58 seconds.
To count from 1 to 298 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 298 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 298
- 298 backwards is 892
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 298's digits is 19
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 298 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!