401 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 401:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 401 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 401
- Cardinal: 401 can be written as Four hundred one.
- Scientific notation: 4.01 × 102
Factors of 401
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 401
Divisors of 401
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 402
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 401 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 400
Bases of 401
- Binary: 110010001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x191
- Base-36: B5
Squares and roots of 401
- 401 squared (4012) is 160801
- 401 cubed (4013) is 64481201
square rootof 401 is 20.0249843945
cube rootof 401 is 7.3741979401
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 401?
- 401 seconds is equal to 6 minutes, 41 seconds.
To count from 1 to 401 would take you about three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 401 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 401
- 401 backwards is 104
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 401's digits is 5
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 401 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!