104 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 104:
23 × 13
(2 × 2 × 2 × 13)
23 × 13(2 × 2 × 2 × 13)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 104 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 104
- Cardinal: 104 can be written as One hundred four.
- Scientific notation: 1.04 × 102
Factors of 104
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 15
Divisors of 104
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 210
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 106
- 104 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (106) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 2
Bases of 104
- Binary: 11010002
- Hexadecimal: 0x68
- Base-36: 2W
Squares and roots of 104
- 104 squared (1042) is 10816
- 104 cubed (1043) is 1124864
square rootof 104 is 10.1980390273
cube rootof 104 is 4.7026693755
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 104?
- 104 seconds is equal to 44 seconds.
To count from 1 to 104 would take you about fifty-two seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 104 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 104
- 104 backwards is 401
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 104's digits is 5
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 104 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 13 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 104 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 13 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/104/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 104 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/104/
The information we have on file for 104 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!