103 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 103:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 103 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 103
- Cardinal: 103 can be written as One hundred three.
- Scientific notation: 1.03 × 102
Factors of 103
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 103
Divisors of 103
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 104
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 103 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 102
Bases of 103
- Binary: 11001112
- Hexadecimal: 0x67
- Base-36: 2V
Squares and roots of 103
- 103 squared (1032) is 10609
- 103 cubed (1033) is 1092727
square rootof 103 is 10.1488915651
cube rootof 103 is 4.6875481475
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 103?
- 103 seconds is equal to 43 seconds.
To count from 1 to 103 would take you about fifty-one seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 103 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 103
- 103 backwards is 301
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 103's digits is 4
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 103 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 103 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/103/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 103 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/103/
The information we have on file for 103 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!