486 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 486:
2 × 35
(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
2 × 35(2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 486 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 486
- Cardinal: 486 can be written as Four hundred eighty-six.
- Scientific notation: 4.86 × 102
Factors of 486
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 486
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1092
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 606
- 486 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (606) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 120
Bases of 486
- Binary: 111100110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x1E6
- Base-36: DI
Squares and roots of 486
- 486 squared (4862) is 236196
- 486 cubed (4863) is 114791256
square rootof 486 is 22.0454076851
cube rootof 486 is 7.8622241827
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 486?
- 486 seconds is equal to 8 minutes, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 486 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 486 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 486
- 486 backwards is 684
- 486 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 486's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 486 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!