243 is an odd composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself four times. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 243:
(3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
35(3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 243 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 243
- Cardinal: 243 can be written as Two hundred forty-three.
- Scientific notation: 2.43 × 102
Factors of 243
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 3
Divisors of 243
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 364
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 121
- 243 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (121) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 122
Bases of 243
- Binary: 111100112
- Hexadecimal: 0xF3
- Base-36: 6R
Squares and roots of 243
- 243 squared (2432) is 59049
- 243 cubed (2433) is 14348907
square rootof 243 is 15.5884572681
cube rootof 243 is 6.2402514691
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 243?
- 243 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 3 seconds.
To count from 1 to 243 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 243 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 243
- 243 backwards is 342
- 243 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 243's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 243 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 18 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 243 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/243/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 243 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/243/
The information we have on file for 243 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!