342 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 342:
2 × 32 × 19
(2 × 3 × 3 × 19)
2 × 32 × 19(2 × 3 × 3 × 19)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 342 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 342
- Cardinal: 342 can be written as Three hundred forty-two.
- Scientific notation: 3.42 × 102
Factors of 342
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 24
Divisors of 342
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 780
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 438
- 342 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (438) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 96
Bases of 342
- Binary: 1010101102
- Hexadecimal: 0x156
- Base-36: 9I
Squares and roots of 342
- 342 squared (3422) is 116964
- 342 cubed (3423) is 40001688
square rootof 342 is 18.4932420089
cube rootof 342 is 6.9931906571
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 342?
- 342 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 42 seconds.
To count from 1 to 342 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 342 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 342
- 342 backwards is 243
- 342 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 342's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 342 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 342 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/342/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 342 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/342/
The information we have on file for 342 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!