343 is an odd composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself two times. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 343:
(7 × 7 × 7)
73(7 × 7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 343 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 343
- Cardinal: 343 can be written as Three hundred forty-three.
- Scientific notation: 3.43 × 102
Factors of 343
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 343
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 400
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 57
- 343 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (57) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 286
Bases of 343
- Binary: 1010101112
- Hexadecimal: 0x157
- Base-36: 9J
Squares and roots of 343
- 343 squared (3432) is 117649
- 343 cubed (3433) is 40353607
square rootof 343 is 18.5202591775
343 is a
perfect cube number. Its cube rootis 7
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 343?
- 343 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 43 seconds.
To count from 1 to 343 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 343 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 343
343 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 343's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 343 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 18 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 343 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/343/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 343 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/343/
The information we have on file for 343 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!