242 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 242:
2 × 112
(2 × 11 × 11)
2 × 112(2 × 11 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 242 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 242
- Cardinal: 242 can be written as Two hundred forty-two.
- Scientific notation: 2.42 × 102
Factors of 242
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 13
Divisors of 242
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 399
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 157
- 242 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (157) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 85
Bases of 242
- Binary: 111100102
- Hexadecimal: 0xF2
- Base-36: 6Q
Squares and roots of 242
- 242 squared (2422) is 58564
- 242 cubed (2423) is 14172488
square rootof 242 is 15.5563491861
cube rootof 242 is 6.2316796843
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 242?
- 242 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 2 seconds.
To count from 1 to 242 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 242 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 242
242 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 242's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 242 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 242 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/242/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 242 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/242/
The information we have on file for 242 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!