71 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 71:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 71 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 71
- Cardinal: 71 can be written as Seventy-one.
- Scientific notation: 7.1 × 101
Factors of 71
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 71
Divisors of 71
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 72
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 71 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 70
Bases of 71
- Binary: 1000111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x47
Squares and roots of 71
- 71 squared (712) is 5041
- 71 cubed (713) is 357911
square rootof 71 is 8.4261497731
cube rootof 71 is 4.1408177495
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 71?
- 71 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 11 seconds.
To count from 1 to 71 would take you about thirty-five seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 71 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 71
- 71 backwards is 17
- 71 is a
twin prime! Its twin is 73
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 71's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 71 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!