70 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 70:
2 × 5 × 7
2 × 5 × 7
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 70 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 70
- Cardinal: 70 can be written as Seventy.
- Scientific notation: 7 × 101
Factors of 70
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 14
Divisors of 70
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 144
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 74
- 70 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (74) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 4
Bases of 70
- Binary: 1000110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x46
- Base-36: 1Y
Squares and roots of 70
- 70 squared (702) is 4900
- 70 cubed (703) is 343000
square rootof 70 is 8.3666002653
cube rootof 70 is 4.1212852999
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 70?
- 70 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 10 seconds.
To count from 1 to 70 would take you about thirty-five seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 70 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 70
- 70 backwards is 07
- 70 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 70's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 70 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!