74 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 74:
2 × 37
2 × 37
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 74 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 74
- Cardinal: 74 can be written as Seventy-four.
- Scientific notation: 7.4 × 101
Factors of 74
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 39
Divisors of 74
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 114
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 40
- 74 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (40) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 34
Bases of 74
- Binary: 10010102
- Hexadecimal: 0x4A
- Base-36: 22
Squares and roots of 74
- 74 squared (742) is 5476
- 74 cubed (743) is 405224
square rootof 74 is 8.6023252671
cube rootof 74 is 4.1983364539
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 74?
- 74 seconds is equal to 14 seconds.
To count from 1 to 74 would take you about thirty-seven seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 74 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 74
- 74 backwards is 47
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 74's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 74 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 20 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 74 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 20 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/74/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 74 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/74/
The information we have on file for 74 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!