73 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 73:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 73 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 73
- Cardinal: 73 can be written as Seventy-three.
- Scientific notation: 7.3 × 101
Factors of 73
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 73
Divisors of 73
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 74
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 73 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 72
Bases of 73
- Binary: 1001001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x49
Squares and roots of 73
- 73 squared (732) is 5329
- 73 cubed (733) is 389017
square rootof 73 is 8.5440037455
cube rootof 73 is 4.1793391963
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 73?
- 73 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 13 seconds.
To count from 1 to 73 would take you about thirty-six seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 73 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 73
- 73 backwards is 37
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 73's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 73 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!