47 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 47:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 47 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 47
- Cardinal: 47 can be written as Forty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 4.7 × 101
Factors of 47
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 47
Divisors of 47
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 48
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 47 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 46
Bases of 47
- Binary: 1011112
- Hexadecimal: 0x2F
- Base-36: 1B
Squares and roots of 47
- 47 squared (472) is 2209
- 47 cubed (473) is 103823
square rootof 47 is 6.8556546005
cube rootof 47 is 3.6088260801
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 47?
- A cube with a volume of 47 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 47
- 47 backwards is 74
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 47's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 47 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 18 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 47 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 18 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/47/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 47 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/47/
The information we have on file for 47 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!