47 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 47:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 47 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 47
- Cardinal: 47 can be written as Forty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 4.7 × 101
Factors of 47
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 47
Divisors of 47
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 48
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 47 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 46
Bases of 47
- Binary: 101111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x2F
- Base-36: 1B
Squares and roots of 47
- 47 squared (472) is 2209
- 47 cubed (473) is 103823
square rootof 47 is 6.8556546005
cube rootof 47 is 3.6088260801
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 47?
To count from 1 to 47 would take you about twenty-three seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 47 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 47
- 47 backwards is 74
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 47's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 47 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!