729 is an odd composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself five times. It has a total of seven divisors.
Prime factorization of 729:
(3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
36(3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 729 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 729
- Cardinal: 729 can be written as Seven hundred twenty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 7.29 × 102
Factors of 729
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 3
Divisors of 729
- Number of divisors d(n): 7
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1093
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 364
- 729 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (364) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 365
Bases of 729
- Binary: 10110110012
- Hexadecimal: 0x2D9
- Base-36: K9
Squares and roots of 729
- 729 squared (7292) is 531441
- 729 cubed (7293) is 387420489
729 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 27
729 is a
perfect cube number. Its cube rootis 9
- Being both a perfect square and a perfect cube, 729 is also a
perfect sixth number.
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 729?
- 729 seconds is equal to 12 minutes, 9 seconds.
To count from 1 to 729 would take you about six minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 729 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 729
- 729 backwards is 927
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 729's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 729 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 729 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/729/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 729 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/729/
The information we have on file for 729 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!