96 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 96:
25 × 3
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3)
25 × 3(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 96 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 96
- Cardinal: 96 can be written as Ninety-six.
- Scientific notation: 9.6 × 101
Factors of 96
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 96
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 252
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 156
- 96 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (156) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 60
Bases of 96
- Binary: 1100000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x60
Squares and roots of 96
- 96 squared (962) is 9216
- 96 cubed (963) is 884736
square rootof 96 is 9.7979589711
cube rootof 96 is 4.5788569703
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 96?
- 96 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 36 seconds.
To count from 1 to 96 would take you about forty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 96 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 96
- 96 backwards is 69
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 96's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 96 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!